Monday, March 31, 2008

Play Ball

I have been waiting for today ALL winter long. I have been waiting to hear the cracks of the bat as the hitter crushes the ball into left field. The sounds of the ball thudding into the catchers mitt as the pitcher fires a 98 mph fast ball past the batter for a strike. The sounds, the smells and the sights. All of it is like one really late Christmas present that I cannot wait to open.

Of course I am speaking of opening day for the Seattle Mariners. They kick off their season tonight against the Texas Rangers at home. Opening day at Safeco Field. I wish I was there to see them take the field for the first time this season. But since I am not I am happy with the next best thing, watching the game on TV and letting Dave Niehaus bring the game to life for me as if I were there myself.

I am excited to see Erik Bedard take the mound tonight for the first time as a member of the Seattle Mariners. Forget his Spring Training ERA kids, this guy has some serious skill. Hopefully he is lights out tonight. And if not, let's not get too worked up about it because he is going to be something special for us this season.

So much promise for this team going into this season and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Little under two hours till game time. WOOOHOOOO! Let's go M's!!

PLAY BALL!!

1 comment:

Linda MacTravel said...

WOOHOO! That was a GREAT game, even though it started out rather shakily...and had a hail and snow storm in the middle of it! Thank goodness for that roof! One "W" and counting! GO M's!!!