Monday, July 7, 2008

Seattle Mariners Game 86: Mariners 4 Tigers 1

I have said it all season long and I stick by my thought that Erik Bedard is not pitching healthy and I don't think he has been since the season started. He was not a 5 inning guy in Baltimore and he certainly wouldn't be in Seattle if he was healthy. You can't convince me otherwise. I think he has had an assortment of things ailing him since spring training. His line on the day was 5 innings pitched, 5 hits, 1 earned run, 3 walks and 6 strikeouts. Not bad for only 5 innings of work. The Bedard trade talk has me groaning. We gave up a lot to get him and half a season is not enough in my opinion. Wait until he is healthy before you write him off.

Ibanez, Lopez and Betancourt had the 4 RBI's for the M's. Ibanez got his off his 10th HR of the season. Lopez had a 3 run double in the 8th inning to put this one in the bag.

No comments: