Thursday, June 19, 2008

Seattle Mariners Game 68: Nationals 5 Mariners 2

Bedard is apparently a robot and programmed to throw exactly 100 pitches and that is it. That makes me angry. I am still all for the Bedard trade, good pitching is hard to find. It is a little unfair to single him out when pretty much everyone else on this team sucks too. But willingly quitting after only 6 innings of work and not even being willing to go 1 more and throw 1o or 15 more pitches is just selfish to me. Hopefully that attitude will change in the coming weeks. He did only give up 2 earned runs and struck out 8 so I guess he deserves some praise.

Vidro and Beltre each had a solo HR in this one. Once again it was the only meager offense the Mariners could muster. Pathetic. I am so sick of watching us make rookies look like Cy Young. Is the concept of HITTING the ball really that tough? I mean these guys are getting paid more money than most of us will see in a lifetime to HIT A BALL and they aren't doing it.

No comments: